The museum reviews portfolios from national and international artists on a monthly basis for consideration for exhibition and acquisition.
To have your portfolio reviewed by museum staff, please send:
- A CD of no more than 30 digital images, slides, or quality reproductions
- A short statement about the work
- A current resume
- Press clippings, if applicable
- Appropriate packaging and return postage if you would like your materials returned by mail
- Submissions missing any of the above items will not be considered.
- Supporting text will only be read if submitted as a hard copy.
- Digital images must be submitted as high quality JPEG files.
- Digital images must be sized to 1000 px at their longest dimension.
- Please do not submit digital slide shows or Power Point presentations. Digital files that do not follow these specifications will not be considered.
- The museum does not review portfolios sent over email.
- Portfolios may also be dropped off in person at the museum’s front desk during regular museum hours
- Portfolios must be picked up in a timely manner, following the review, once you are contacted by museum staff
- Materials without appropriate packaging and postage will not be returned.
- The museum staff reviews portfolios on a monthly basis. There is no deadline for submitting works to the portfolio review.
- Due to the volume of unsolicited materials the museum receives portfolios will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- Responses may take up to several weeks. Please do not contact the museum regarding the status of your portfolio. We appreciate your patience.
Please address work to:
Museum of Contemporary Photography
600 S. Michigan AvenueChicago, IL 60605
If you require further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection artist Brian Ulrich, Flushing, NY, 2004