The Snider Prize is a purchase award given to emerging artists as they leave graduate school. Our curatorial staff will select an artist and offer $1000 for the purchase of work to be added to its permanent collection.
The award forms a part of the museum’s ongoing commitment to support new talent in the field of contemporary photography. The Snider Prize is sponsored by MoCP patrons Lawrence K. and Maxine Snider.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and in their last year of an accredited MFA program in the United States.
- Applicants may submit up to 7 images for consideration. Files should be in jpg format, 72 dpi, and 1200 pixels on the longest side.
- A pdf resume/CV must be submitted with the application
- A short artist statement must be provided with the work.
- We are not accepting video or durational work for entry. Work must be photo-based or related, and able to be reviewed in jpg format.
- Deadline for entries is May 15, 2013.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be announced on June 15, 2013.